Because it’s too good. I mean, the food of Vancouver is just too good. Too good for me to find enough words to describe it, too good to not sound like a broken record as I try to find ways to tell you about it.
Because the level of awesomeness just kept overdoing itself again and again throughout my time in Vancouver.
Yep, I know. (I love my city.)
And people think I am funny when I tell them this, but one of the things I miss the most about home is the food. We have such an amazing selection of restaurants and cafes in Vancouver.
This past year in Zambia I have tortured myself looking at food blogs, salivating at pictures of tasty treats that I cannot make because I do not have access to ingredients at the local Pic n Pay, and dreaming of all the things I would eat when I was back home. I have even thought about planning an itinerary of places to visit while I was home for a few short weeks at Christmas. . .and (no surprise), it is primarily based around food.
The Greedy Pig, 307 West Cordova Street - for the most amazing grilled cheese sandwich
Salt Tasting Room, 45 Blood Alley - in the heart of Gastown down a super dodgy looking alley, but is worth it for the amazing pairing of artisinal cheeses and small-batch cured meats with condiments
Incendio, 103 Columbia St - thin crust pizza from a wood-fired brick oven (my favourite is the California pizza topped with sundried tomatoes, roasted garlic, mozzarella & asiago)
Cafe Medina, 556 Beatty Street - totally worth waiting in the queue outside to enjoy their brunch (I especially love the waffles)
The Sandbar, 1535 Johnston Street (on Granville Island) is a fantastic place to enjoy your friend's company and amazing food (some of my best dinners with friends have been on the patio at Sandbar)
The above is just a small sampling of places I want to visit, I also really want to go to White Spot for a BC Burger, Boston Pizza for the Spicy Perogy Pizza, Milestones for their Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Brioche for their BLT Ceasar with Tiger Prawns, Red Robin for the Gooee Cheese Sticks, and McDonalds for a Cheeseburger, Fries and McNuggets (yep, seriously).
Coming soon to a stomach near you!
I *might* gain a bit of weight when I come back home and the great part about that is that when I come back to Zambia everyone will tell me that I got fat. In Zambia that is a compliment but to my North American self, I would much rather they kept that information to themselves. But regardless, food at home is very much a social experience meant to be enjoyed, and if that means I gain a little bit of weight. . .whatever, it is worth it!
All of the above pictures are from the restaurants' websites.






Hey, Nathaniel and I will take you out for one of these meals while you are home... (I would prefer not McDonalds if possible)
ReplyDelete-Lizzie
Sounds good. Thanks Lizzie!
ReplyDelete