In the ongoing battle of Elizabeth versus the cockroaches in the real life version of whack a mole...or rather whack a cockroach, the cockroaches have been winning. These suckers do not die.
Today, for the second time in a week, I had the entire house fumigated. If you think that cockroaches only go where the food is...well, that is a lie because they are everywhere. In the bathroom, in the hallway, in the bedroom (yes, even in the bed - so freaking nasty), and all parts of the kitchen including the stove and fridge. It grosses me out so much. If you turn on the lights they scatter and run away. Ugh. I wish I could properly convey just how nasty it is.
The cockroaches vary in size from as small as a grain of rice, to the plentiful almond size, to the nasty chase me out of the room big ones. Gah! Just writing about this is giving me the creeps as I remember running out of my room to get reinforcements as I was being chased by a large cockroach. Not that funny (well, it might be a little bit funny if it was not me).
Anyway, just to give you an idea of the size, I found this one belly up (but still twitching) on my bedroom floor just now and put a loonie beside it to give you an idea of its size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


WOW - that is nasty!! Hope this next treatment gets the remainder of them.
ReplyDeleteEwwww!! I didn't' realize they got that big!
ReplyDeleteTenaya
oh my gosh....you are my hero. Have you gotten your cat yet? Get two. They love hunting with a partner. : )
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI got itchy reading that!! So gross!!!!
ReplyDeleteA month later, and the battle still continues, although, thankfully, it is not nearly as bad as it was when I first moved in!
ReplyDeleteA month later, and the battle still continues, although, thankfully, it is not nearly as bad as it was when I first moved in!
ReplyDeleteOh Elizabeth, how different your world is from mine! Cockroaches. I'm shuddering right now. The worst thing I'm dealing with here in BC is mosquitos and not that many of them either. Best of luck with your ongoing efforts for a cockroach-free home (especially bed). And please email me your snail mail addy so that I can get some cards out in the mail to you for completing the 10-day letter writing challenge. :) Christina
ReplyDeleteCockroaches are no fun at all! I was winning the battle for a while, but now they are coming back. Big fat boo. Time to spray again!
ReplyDelete