Monday, May 27, 2013
things i've learned
I have been home for while now, and although I love being home, spending time with family, eating familiar food and enjoying being here in Spring (the first since 2009), I miss Zambia and the people there.
I have been surprised by how much things have changed since I was last home. The traffic and construction has increased substantially - I hardly recognize Highway #1. There are no more video stores or rabbit ears (seriously when did that happen?). My feet officially hate socks and shoes as I only wore flip flops in Zambia so when I wear socks and shoes here my feet rebel and swell up, but at least the weather is getting warmer so I can continue to work on my awesome flip flop tan line. Canadian pennies are now a thing of the past. And, although I am home and with people I love, there are other people I love still in Zambia so it seems that pieces of my heart also reside in Zambia; they are not very easy to forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment