I have been back in Zambia for ten days now. . .sorry for the radio silence, but there is no internet at Grace (it has not been working since I left in December) and internet cafes with working internet are almost nonexistent. Today we went to five internet cafes before we finally found one with working internet.
It is good to be back. Actually it almost feels like I never left.
As soon as I stepped out of the car, the kids rushed to greet me and give me a hug. I definitely felt loved!
As I drove to visit some of my kids in Chipulukusu, I heard excited cries of “Auntie Lizzie!” as children ran out to the road to wave as I drove past. Seeing so many familiar faces and being overwhelmed with handshakes, high fives and hugs was such a great homecoming.
Visiting with these children never fails to brighten my day.
I love them.
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





yah! your back!!!!!!!!1 happy you made it! enjoy and keep loving those kids!
ReplyDeleteHey Liz,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you made it safe and sound. We were wondering why there were no blog posts yet but that explains it! Thinking of you and praying for you lots!
Love, Lizzie & Sanny :)
Thanks for making the extra effort to do a new blog post - always excited to see pictures of you and those precious kids!
ReplyDeletelove mom
Thanks for your posting, Liz. What a wonderful welcome indeed! We can't wait to join you in Zambia. See you soon... Love Rob and Cheryl
ReplyDeleteGlad you have enjoyed the post. Hope that more will come in the future, but no internet makes it a bit difficult. :)
ReplyDeleteLiz
Great to hear from you. looking forward to all the exciting updates.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your posts and don't write messages enough...Can't wait to see you on this side. Love and hugs xo
ReplyDelete