Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

fear factor: food edition

Every once in a while I used to watch Fear Factor with my Dad. I always thought the best part of watching the show was my Dad’s reaction when the contestants were eating nasty food.

Another teacher and I found a grasshopper (okay, actually it startled me and made me jump and he laughed at me for being frightened by food). He asked if I was going to eat it and I declined, but said that he could eat it. He refused so I said that I would pay him 1 pin (1,000 kwacha or $.20 USD) and he said no. Then I said that I would pay him 5 pin if he did it, and, much to my surprise, he agreed!

Of course I had to run and get my camera to document this event to show you (Dad, this one is for you).


He said that he had watched Fear Factor on television here and wanted to be on the program because he was convinced that he would make lots of money because he could eat anything.




The grossest part for me was the crunching. Dad you would have loved hated it.


Side Note: Grasshoppers are something that they eat here (although generally cooked), so it was not a big deal to him, but I thought it was gross. I definitely won’t be a contestant on Fear Factor.

2 comments: