Convenient? Maybe. But not when your landlady does not buy electricity in time and you run out of power. Fortunately she warned me so I had enough time to finish baking the cookies that were in the oven, find the candles and my headlamp.
She said that she would go to Zesco (the power company) first thing in the morning to buy electricity, although it was closer to 2:00 pm before we had power again; just enough time for everything in the refrigerator to defrost and leave a nice big puddle on the floor. It worked out perfectly as I had been meaning to defrost the refrigerator, but hadn’t gotten around to it yet and now I don’t have to!
I made homemade oreo cookies and wanted to share them with you (before they all disappeared) so I took a few pictures in the dark using the flash and the headlamp for light.
As you can see, they are rather dark.
And then I took another picture in the morning so you could see what they looked like in the light.
Except I ate most of them so there are significantly less in this picture. (Totally not all my fault. . .there was nothing else to do in the dark and I hadn’t made dinner yet so I was hungry!)
Click here for the recipe.





No comments:
Post a Comment