Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

granola bars

Mornings and I do not get along; I would much prefer that morning start at the crack of 9 noon and as a result breakfast is never eaten in a leisurely manner at the kitchen table before I head to school in the morning. Usually I grab an apple or a yogurt and eat it during the break (okay, who am I kidding, I usually eat my entire lunch at recess).

I thought that it would be nice to have something different but still super easy to just grab and go in the morning, so I thought I would make granola bars. These granola bars are super easy to make and easily customized to whatever you would like to add.


Ingredients
3 to 4 cups of oats (depending on how chewy you want the bars)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup soya nuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup chocolate chips (mini ones are best)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until moistened.




Put mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, spread mixture evenly in pan.

Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes until lightly browned.


Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool. Cut into bars while slightly warm and let cool completely before removing from parchment paper.

3 comments:

  1. You always make it look and sound so easy!! Pretty sure mine would not turn out quite like that. Glad you are enjoying them as we all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how awesome those taste! Maybe I better make some as well. :) love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally making these.
    ~Tenaya

    ReplyDelete