Tuesday, June 14, 2011
deep fried bananas
Ingredients:
2 eggs
½ cup milk
2 Tbsps oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
4 ripe bananas
Beat eggs with milk and oil.
Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to egg mixture and whisk together until smooth.
Slice bananas in half and then slice again lengthwise.
Dip bananas in batter and deepfry until batter is golden brown.
Drizzle with caramel sauce or icing sugar if desired.
Mix it Up:
Alternatively, instead of using bananas you can finely chop an apple and mix it with the batter to make apple fritters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


wow...I am so bad at this!!! Never can I remember my password....anyway are you going to make these for us sometime? and the caramel sauce? We'd love to try them. now let's see if this actually works!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSure, come to Zambia and I'll make them as your "Welcome to Zambia" dinner! :)
ReplyDelete