The lodge is almost complete so it is not yet open to the public, but it is beautiful! It comprises of three cottages, sleeping 10 people, indoor bathrooms, as well as outdoor bathrooms (all of the showers are outdoors), a pool, gazebo, dining areas, and kitchen.
Umani Springs is in the Kibwezi Forest, a 14,448 acre protected area full of animals including, elephants, buffalo, baboons, monkeys, birds, and snakes.
The main building with a sitting room and dining room.
The view from the pool looking towards the cottage I stayed in.
The cottage I stayed in (this is the view from the back at the entrance to the shower. . .for some reason I forgot to take a picture from the front).
The most comfortable beds!
By far the most comfortable bed I have slept in in Africa!
The sitting room in my cottage.
The outdoor shower (some of the outdoor showers attached to the cottages are full bathrooms with toilets and sinks. I can only imagine the fun the monkeys and baboons will have once they figure out how to flush the toilets!)
The springs.
The source of drinking water for all of the animals in the area (hence the very fresh elephant dung) and all of the local villages.











No comments:
Post a Comment