Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

flies

I hate flies.

More specifically, I hate African flies as I do not find their Canadian cousins to be nearly so obnoxious. Here they swarm you, fly at your face, get caught in your hair, and land on your food. . .it is so annoying!

Obviously I have a problem with bugs: cockroaches, ants and flies.

I have searched for the fly killing coil sticky paper thingies but to no avail. Feel free to send some if you have any spares as I would really appreciate it.

Here is a picture of my lunch and I very nearly ate this (it was on my fork making its way to my mouth when I noticed a black thing that looked out of place - fly. Nice.)

Stupid, stupid flies.


6 comments:

  1. Extra protein that I would rather avoid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so not sure if this works with flies..but a cheap and easy solution to wasps at least (like i said, try it with flies and see if it works) is putting something like mellow yellow/mountain dew (pop iwth a yellowish colour-whatever you have similiar like that there) mixed with dish washing soap-in a bowl on the floor...we do that here when the wasps are really bad but it works..they are attracted to it but because of the soap-they cant get out/there fore die, after a while..try it, see if it works (no idea if it willl) and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Nikki, i am going to try that.

    Al sawatzky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that ants were my worst nemesis while in Ndola. Finding ants in the tea kettle was what did me in, but then I did not find a fly in my food - everywhere else, but not my food.....Jeanie T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, I tried an orange juice/soap combination (there is no Mountain Dew and I did not have anything else fizzy), but it did not work and the flies just ignored it. Maybe these Zambian flies are more picky with their beverages of choice?
    Jeanie, ants were my worst nemesis, but it seems that my worst nemesis changes with the day.

    ReplyDelete