My newest roommate is a real live squeaky toy.
She (or he) is a cute little ball of fluff, and is always chirping.
The kids brought her to me the other day because the mother was pecking at it, so they decided that she should live with me for a little while. We have tried five times to reintroduce her back to her family, but her family wants nothing to do with her so she still lives with me.
Her home is an apple box, but she does not like it much and jumps out of it as soon as she can to follow me around the house.
The first day her apple box was on the counter, but immediately she jumped out of the box and walked over to watch me wash dishes. . .and then promptly fell into the sink full of dishes (and then again when I drained the water in the sink). She has no fear and is a bit cheeky, so I have named her Little Squirt.
So Little Squirt`s box is now on the floor, and she continues to jump out of it and follows me around the house. If we go outside for a walk, she runs along behind me trying to catch up.
She often sits on my lap as I work on my laptop and one day she spotted the mouse icon on the screen and jumped up on the laptop and chased the mouse across the screen.
And right now as I write this, she has fallen asleep in my lap (the only time she is ever quiet).
I guess she is attached to me as she has no problems sleeping in my hand, and I think prefers it to her box (even though I warm a hot pad for her to sleep on).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







awe! so cute! enjoy!
ReplyDeletepriceless.
ReplyDeleteAlSawatzky