Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

easy peasy pasta

I am sure that is comes as no surprise, but I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try and ones that include ingredients that are available in Zambia are always a huge plus! Anyway, I found this recipe online and loved it.  Super easy, super tasty, and (best of all) with ingredients that I was able to find at the local grocery store.

 
Ingredients

1 can of good quality tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon (or more if you desire) of olive oil
pinch of salt
fresh basil leaves

In a medium saucepan bring the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt to a simmer over med-low heat for 20 - 30 minutes, then add fresh basil for the last few minutes.

(If you would like, you can add some cream to make a creamy tomato sauce or just leave it as is.)

Add some penne pasta to the sauce and serve with more fresh basil and garlic bread. 

You should make it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good! I will have to try making it.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete