Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

update

Malaria sucks!

I feel like I have been run over by a mac truck. My entire body aches and my head is pounding.

I spent almost $30 USD on medicine. When you consider that many people here survive on $80 (often less) per month $30 is crazy expensive.

The medicine is nasty stuff. You must take it with painkillers otherwise you will suffer from a headache of giant proportions as your brain tries to exit your skull. My insides protest loudly and grumble furiously at me. And just when I start to feel slightly better it is time to take the medicine again and crawl back into bed and be thankful I only have a few more days left on medicine.

Why are there still mosquitoes sucking the life out of people?

I hope I never experience this again. I have had enough!

2 comments:

  1. Is this your first time? and how is this possible with a mosquito net?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz...I am so sorry that you are so sick!! Hopefully the medicine, as awful as it is will be very effective and efficient!

    Love AJ

    ReplyDelete