Tuesday, August 21, 2012
cupcakes on tuesday
As the week of baking continues, we made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla bean icing on Tuesday. Yum!
Side note: The week of baking was actually last week, but the internet was down everytime I went to the internet cafe to upload these posts.
As you can see, they got the “thumbs up” from everyone who ate them.
I even introduced two of the teachers to the treat that I think every Canadian child loves. . .licking the beaters.
(This picture cracks me up as one teacher knows just what to do and the other is looking at me with a look of “what the heck do you expect me to do with this?”)
Here is the recipe if you are interested:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon table salt
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
1 large egg, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 and ensure rack is in the middle of the oven.
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Add butter, yogurt, egg and egg yolks, and vanilla; beat at medium speed until smooth and satiny, 30 to 60 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula and mix by hand until smooth and no flour pockets remain.
Spoon batter into cupcake tins. Bake until cupcakes are lightly golden and tests done (20 to 24 minutes for large cupcakes or 15 – 20 minutes for mini cupcakes).
Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack and come to room temperature before frosting. Frost with your favourite frosting (I threw together a mixture of butter, icing sugar, cream cheese and vanilla bean and it was the perfect combination).
Original recipe found here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





The cupcakes look very yummy - I think I will try making some. Love that last picture!
ReplyDeletemom