Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

snakes


I do not often see snakes here (actually I almost never see live snakes here but I don't want to type that and jinx myself).

On a walk a while ago, as I was walking through the tall grass just past Chipulukusu, I came upon some old bricks and a snake skin.  I was going to take a closer look until Kerry mentioned that the snake was probably living in the bricks so I should be careful.  I immediately turned around and went in the opposite direction because I said to Kerry that if I actually saw a snake I would probably wet myself and run back to the car (and that would be rather embarrassing). 

And, if there was any doubt as to how I would react when I saw a snake, on Saturday I was in the bathroom when a reptile came into the room by crawling under the door.  Holy freaking crap I very nearly wet myself as I only saw the head and thought it was a snake.  My heart very nearly came out of my chest and I think I forgot to breathe until I realized that it had feet and remembered that snakes do not have feet so it must be a lizard. 

At least I can laugh about it now (and I will have to stuff something in the crack of the door so no more reptiles crawl in), and laugh about how I would never have that experience in Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment