The milk here is different than at home. . .you buy it on the shelf, beside the tea and coffee across from the cookies in the non-refrigerated section. I guess it is good to have milk that can sit on the shelf for a long time as not everyone has electricity so they are unable to keep the milk cool, but there is something that just seems so off to buy milk on a shelf rather than in the dairy cooler (although everyone buys it and the custard tasted fine so I am sure it is perfectly fine. . .it just is weird to me).

I remember having the same thoughts about buying milk from the shelf when we were there :) But we lived, and we even put it on our cereal! Thanks for continuing to remind us of everyday life there -- you're in our thoughts and prayers. A. Gail
ReplyDelete