Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

pick n pay

I don't know if I speak for all Canadians, but I certainly speak for this one. . .and we are enamored with food and think about it a fair amount. . .especially in Zambia where the selection includes, nshima, beans, nshima, kapenta, and more nshima. We really are spoiled at home as we have access to so many different culinary options.

There have been times when I daydream about Thai food, sushi, flatbread pizza, Caesar salad, Chinese food, cheese, cream cheese and all sorts of other goodies. And of course it does not help that I have recently stumbled across a number of amazing food blogs with recipes and pictures of yummy looking food with ingredients I have not been able to find here.

However after today, I think that may have changed.

A new grocery store, Pick n Pay, just opened up last week and I checked it out for the first time today and it was amazing! I felt like a kid in a candy store. The shelves were full (which I hardly see at the Shoprite in town), the store was clean, there were no cockroaches (at least none that I could see) and they had a fantastic selection of food!

Seriously well stocked shelves.


I think that this might be my favourite isle!

Yep, I might be a little bit of a geek, but it is pretty exciting to have a new grocery store in town. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I liked your comment on my blog about head paining. I definitely have quoted that before :) And man oh man, I am so jealous of you and your grocery store! Buy some ice cream for us both eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I am so excited about the grocery store! Going back today to check it out again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm groceries! :D

    ReplyDelete