Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

mornings

I cannot even pretend that I am a morning person because I am not.

I think that I might like mornings if they started at the crack of noon. . .or maybe 9 o`clock. . .maybe.

I prefer to stay in cosy in bed until the last possible second; I have getting ready down to a science and can get ready fairly quickly if I have to, if it means that I can stay in bed for another few minutes.  At home I have to set multiple alarms to ensure that I actually get out of bed on time.  Sometimes my subconscious just refuses to get up and I turn off my alarms in my sleep.  I understand that there are many people who can function with limited sleep, my Mom is one of those people, but I am not; I think that the world is a much better place when I have had a goodnight`s sleep.

For some reason this week people have insisted on waking me up between 0600 and 0630.  I am sound asleep in bed and then I hear an incessant knocking on the door prompting me to get up, wrap myself in my blanket chitenge and go to unlock my doors because obviously if someone is waking me at 0 disgusting hundred, it must be for something urgent that cannot possibly wait a half hour or an hour until I am up.

Not once this week has it been for something urgent like someone needing a ride to the hospital or something is on fire, but rather it has been to ask me things like if I am going into town today and if they can catch a ride (I never go into town that early - nothing is open before 8 or 9), or if I took their book, or other things that I cannot even remember because I was still sleeping when I was being asked.

My curtains are closed, no lights are on, the door and the grate are closed.  Yes, those are all signs that I am still in bed, but obviously that is not enough so I think that I will add another sign to make it more clear.

What do you think?  Am I too uptight; should I just let it go?  Well, maybe, but I might be a little punchy today because someone woke me up an hour and a half before I intended to get up and besides, as previously mentioned, the world is a much better place if I sleep! ;)

6 comments:

  1. You are right Elizabeth, the world is a much better place with you in it, and if that means you need a little extra sleep than so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you crack me up! I like the sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I crack you up. Laughing is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, it's Brayden. I set my alarm for 06:00 so that I can read in a quiet house. I am always the first one up, dressed and have eaten breakfast before my parents and brother are awake. They are like you-- they love to sleep too.
    Thanks for the funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, B. I am impressed that you are such an early riser! You would make a great African! :)

    ReplyDelete