This morning a number of kids wanted to go for a walk to find the "red fruit" (they have a Bemba name but I have no idea how to spell it). The fruit grows in the ground and is a bit bitter like a lemon.
After lunch I took the team to visit the community. African women are so strong; they can carry a baby on their back and a full load of wet laundry on their head and walk barefoot up a hill (seriously) and not even break into a sweat.
Three of my favourite kids going for a swim in the river to cool off.
Aren't they beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Great pictures Liz. The one about searching for red fruits brings back good memories -- I got to know lots of kids better on those walks and searches for red fruits after school.
ReplyDeleteA. Gail