This morning a few of the older kids and I went to Buseko to finger paint with the little kids.
We had a lot of fun, made a bit of a mess, and painted many pictures.
I have looked for finger paints here in Zambia, but have not been able to find any so I made my own with a recipe I found online. The recipe is so easy, and the best part is that it is made with ingredients you have in your pantry so when the kids eat it, they are not ingesting anything terrible.
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups of water
food colouring
Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly (to ensure lumps do not form) until mixture thickens.
Remove from heat and let cool.
Pour into containers and add food colouring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Way too much fun!! I love fingerpainting...did the kids like it?
ReplyDeleteAJ
It was lots of fun for most of the kids, save one who fell asleep in the middle of painting his picture, so I guess he found it relaxing?
ReplyDelete