Recently a few of us went into one of the local compounds to meet with a grandmother and her grandchildren.
As we drove on our way, we met the grandchild arm-in-arm with his friend walking down the road. The friendships between some of the children here is absolutely heartwarming.
As usual, I was greeted by a chorus of "muzungu! muzungu!" as I drove through the compound. Every time we stopped the car, little children ran close to get a better look at the muzungu because it is not very common to see a white person in the middle of the compound.
The best part of taking pictures of the children is watching their delight as they see themselves in the camera after I have taken the picture - digital cameras are a wonderful thing! I wish I could show you their delight, but instead I am only able to show you the pictures that caused their delight. Aren't they beautiful!
Monday, September 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment