Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

zucchini boats

For dinner tonight I thought I would be healthy and just have vegetables (feta cheese counts as a vegetable, right?).  And as it was super tasty I thought I would share it with you.


Ingredients
zucchini
feta cheese, crumbled
sundried tomatoes, julienned
balsamic glaze*

*balsamic glaze is super easy to make - just put balsamic vinegar in a pan on low heat until it thickens

In Zambia zucchini is called baby marrow (every time I look at the package I think of a jersey calf. . .weird, I know).


Cut the zucchini in half and with a small spoon gently scoop out a little bit of the centre to create the inside of the "boat" that will hold the tomatoes and cheese.


Place in a small baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.

Put in a preheated oven - 350 will do - and bake just until the zucchini starts to get tender (10 - 15 minutes).


Remove from oven and fill with crumbled feta cheese and sundried tomatoes.  Top off with a drizzle of the balsamic glaze.

Place the pan back in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or just until the cheese starts to melt.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delish Liz!! I'm gonna have to try this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so yummy. You'll have to let me know what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete